G-Homa may collect both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. “Personal Information” means any information that can be used to identify you. Some examples of Personal Information include your name, address, email address and phone number. “Non-Personal Information” means information that on its own cannot be used to identify you. Some examples of Non-Personal Information include usage data relating to G-Homa websites and Products, language preferences and our website page views.
Information may be aggregated and/or anonymized. When information is aggregated, it is combined with information about other customers and users. When information is anonymized, Personal Information is removed from collected data and the remaining portion of the data, containing only Non-Personal Information, is repurposed for internal or external use. Aggregated information that includes Personal Information is considered Personal Information until it has been anonymized. Anonymized information is considered Non-Personal Information. In general, usage data collected when you visit G-Homa websites or use G-Homa Products is both aggregated and anonymized so it does not identify you personally and is therefore Non-Personal Information.
How We Collect Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. If you fill in forms on our websites or correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise, you may be providing us with information about you, which may include Personal Information. This includes information you provide when you register on G-Homa websites, register or return a G-Homa Product, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, participate in discussion forums or other social media functions on G-Homa websites, enter a competition, promotion or survey, participate in a training session or other event, download firmware, software and apps, or when you report a problem with G-Homa websites or Products or otherwise request support. Personal Information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information, financial and credit card information and any other information that can be used to personally identify you.
Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect information when you use G-Homa websites or G-Homa Products, including:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and language preferences. This information is all normally provided by your web browser, and we do not specifically request it.
- Information about your visit to G-Homa websites, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from G-Homa websites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; videos watched; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Any phone number or email address used to contact customer support.
- Usage data about how and when you use G-Homa Products, other devices that are connected to G-Homa Products and what features of G-Homa Products you use.
- Technical information and data gathered when your G-Homa Products are connected to the Internet, such as how many and which devices are connected to your home network, when you use the devices and the amount of network traffic generated. We also collect environmental data when you use certain G-Homa Products, such as utility settings, temperature and light readings in the home, motion detection and alarm events.
- If you consent, certain apps may collect information about your location. If you do not want this information collected, do not consent, or consult your device manual for instructions on how to change location settings.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties who provide services to us (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including the following:
- Use Wifi function: Device connects to home router network
- Know network status: G-Homa APP needs network to work
- Save and read the local memory: To save and read the image set for the device
- (GPS) location: Use for sunrise/sunset function
- Shortcut function: Create/delete a shortcut on the desktop for some device
- Notification authority: Receive the alarm message from the device
- To set up an account for you on G-Homa websites or Products.
- To facilitate your purchase and/or download of G-Homa Products.
- To authenticate use of your account or purchases and/or use of a G-Homa Product.
- To register your G-Homa Product in our product database.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To assist you with customer support.
- To communicate about and administer participation in customer promotions and surveys.
- To provide the G-Homa Products you request.
- To provide you with information about the G-Homa Products you use, such as new features, bug fixes, service downtimes or upgrades.
- To help us develop new products and improve current G-Homa Products.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We (or selected third parties) will contact you by electronic means only if you have opted-in to receive marketing information. “Opt-in” means that you have taken an affirmative action to receive information, such as by checking a box or clicking a button.
- To notify you about changes to G-Homa websites and G-Homa Products and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To administer G-Homa websites and G-Homa Products for internal operational purposes, including troubleshooting, data and statistical analysis, testing, research and survey purposes.
- To improve G-Homa websites and G-Homa Products and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- To ensure the security of G-Homa websites and G-Homa Products.
- To help you navigate G-Homa websites.
- To help you access and use certain features of G-Homa Products remotely and to help you monitor and safeguard your home and home network.
- To provide you with information and recommendations about Internet and energy usage in your home.
- To determine which aspects of G-Homa websites and G-Homa Products are most useful to you and other users of G-Homa websites and Products.
- Within G-Homa for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, hosting websites, storing your information, providing email communications on our behalf and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete or provide the requested service or transaction, and we do not allow third parties to use your Personal Information for a different purpose than what was disclosed to you.
- With service providers, advisors or other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets. If G-Homa merges with or acquires or is acquired by another entity, Personal Information would be transferred as a whole to the successor entity.
- To comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to subpoenas or court orders), to comply with government reporting obligations and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
In addition, we may share aggregated and anonymized Non-Personal Information, including usage data about G-Homa Products, with third parties for a variety of purposes, including to analyze trends about home networking and utility use, to show third parties how their products could work with G-Homa Products and to generally improve home networking. We’ve taken steps to ensure that this information cannot be linked back to you and we require third parties to keep all shared information in its anonymized form.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes.
New G-Homa Products
Where We Store Your Information
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date, so please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information. You can access and update your Personal Information and communication preferences at any time in the following ways:
- By clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email you receive from us.
We will honor your reasonable request to:
- Correct your data if it is inaccurate.
- Transfer your Personal Information to a third party.
- Delete your Personal Information, unless we are required to retain it by law.
We will respond to your request promptly upon receipt. We may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We note again that, if you choose to no longer receive marketing information from us, we may still communicate with you about other matters, such as product and service updates for G-Homa Products you have purchased and customer support matters.
Retention of Personal Information
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Web Tools
We use automatic data collection tools like cookies, embedded web links and widgets (collectively, “web tools”). These web tools collect certain information that your browser or your mobile device sends to G-Homa websites and G-Homa Products, such as computer IP address, browser type and service provider. In addition, G-Homa uses small pieces of code called web beacons. Web beacons allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. This allows G-Homa to collect information such as the address of the page you are visiting, the address of the referring page you previously visited, what browser or mobile device you are using, and your display settings. G-Homa and its advertising partners use web beacons, for example, to find out if advertising on G-Homa websites and other websites that contain G-Homa ads is effective, or if certain videos on G-Homa websites are being viewed.
G-Homa may use web tools for the following purposes:
- To identify the user’s country and language and distinguish you from other users of G-Homa websites.
- To save your registration information for future use on G-Homa websites and services.
- To allow customer surveys to appear or not appear to customers.
- To optimize your browsing experience by preloading certain features of G-Homa websites and services on future visits to make loading times faster and more efficient.
- To understand how you use and interact with G-Homa websites and services.
- To improve G-Homa websites and services.
- To count visitors to G-Homa websites and G-Homa Products and analyze website traffic, such as how many visitors have come to the G-Homa websites from advertisements on advertising partner websites.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by G-Homa websites and Products. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information. If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks and services (also known as “friendly names”) may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
Updates and Upgrades
G-Homa Products may be updated or upgraded from time to time to provide additional features, address technical issues, and generally make your user experience better. Some G-Homa Products include an auto-update feature, which gives us the ability to make updates automatically. You can change auto-update options by changing your settings within the G-Homa Product account information. In very limited cases, updates may still be automatically applied, regardless of the auto-update setting. For example, we may provide an automatic update that fixes a security breach to your network.
How to Contact Us